World Vape Day 2021 is a day celebrating vaping. It will highlight the benefits of tobacco harm reduction in general and of vaping in particular. We want to deliver a positive message about vaping and focus on the good it brings to society.
We’re meeting to talk about everything vaping and focus on the good it brings to society and we’ll catch up with top figures in the vaping world to see what they’ve been up to in the last year.
We will be streaming live on Facebook, Youtube and Twitter (links will follow soon):
|16:00 CET||Start of the stream with a Vape Trick Show|
Vapers from around the world will showcase their best tricks and show how vaping can be turned into an art form.
|16:15 CET||Opening Remarks|
by Michael Landl, Director of the WVA & Liza Katsiashvili, Community Manager of the WVA
|17:00 CET||Time For Optimism: How Vaping Is Changing the World|
Liza Katsiashvili will talk to several leaders of WVA partner organisations about the situation in their countries and their success stories.
– Joseph Magero (Campaign for a Safe Alternative, Africa)
– Kurt Yeo (Vaping Saved My Life, South Africa)
– Francisco Ordonez (Asovape Colombia)
– Ignacio Leiva Benitez (Asovape Chile)
– Jeff Zamora (Asovape Costa Rica)
– Cristiana Batista (APORVAP – Associação Portuguesa de Vaporizadores, Portugal )
– Danny Wang (Vape Taiwan),
– Maria Papaioannoy (Rights4Vapers, Canada)
|18:00 CET||Why Is It Worth Going the Extra Mile for vaping*|
Michael Landl in discussion with experts in tobacco harm reduction.
– Michelle Minton, Senior fellow, Competitive Enterprise Institute
– Prof. Bernd Mayer, Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Graz, Austria
– GrimmGreen, Consumer THR Advocate, Profesional Tobacco Control Critic
– Yael Ossowski, Deputy Director, Consumer Choice Center
– Christopher Snowdon, Head of Lifestyle Economics, Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA)
|19:00 CET||The Great Alexandro “Hazard” Lucian Show|
A year in review – the good, the bad and the ugly. Alexandro Lucian, famous vaping influencer in Brazil, will host a panel discussion together with Michael Landl and tobacco harm experts.
– Ethan Nadelmann, Founder and former Executive Director (2000-17) of the Drug Policy Alliance
– Clive Bates, Director of Counterfactual, a consulting and advocacy practice focussed on a pragmatic approach to sustainability and public health.
North America takes over!
For everybody who wants to hear even more about vaping, we will also stream the World Vape Day show from our friends from Rights4Vapers and Regulator Watch in Canada! LIVE – don’t miss it! More information will be posted here soon.
Bonus for Spanish speaking Vapers!
For our Spanish speaking friends we have two important pieces of information: our full stream will be live translated to Spanish – plus during the whole day many of our partner organizations in Latin America are streaming live their own World Vape Day program too! More information about VAPE FEST coming soon!
Let’s go the extra mile together!