A global advocacy group for vapers’ rights, World Vapers’ Alliance (WVA), presented a 7-step plan for the Portuguese government to fight tobacco consumption.
As the forthcoming update of the EU Tobacco Products Directive and the implementation of the Portuguese Plan to reduce cancer (ENLCC) are set to determine the strategy to combat tobacco consumption in Portugal, WVA, together with their Portuguese partners Associação Portuguesa de Vaporizadores (APORVAP) and Ohms do Vapor presented a set of recommendations to political decision-makers on advancing harm reduction as a part of Portugal’s strategy to reduce cancer.
- Portugal’s clear commitment to the concept of tobacco harm reduction.
- Promoting vaping as a smoking cessation tool.
- Exclude vaping from smoke-free area restrictions.
- Abstain from imposing higher taxes on vaping products and reduce the excessive taxation on e-liquids as soon as possible.
- Reject flavour bans and not restrict choice in nicotine levels for vaping liquids.
- Keep vaping available for adults while enforcing age restrictions to prevent adolescent use.
- Promoting tobacco harm reduction in the EU institutions and legislations.
Read the full text here