The Department of Health in Ireland recently launched a consultation to collect the public’s views about further regulation of tobacco and vaping.
In the summary paper on the consultation, vaping is acknowledged to be less harmful than smoking; however, potential further regulations are introduced. The main reason is to prevent young people both – from smoking and vaping. Numerous research has shown that vaping is not a gateway to smoking.
Yet, the Department of Health proposes stricter measures on vaping, including flavour bans, higher taxation on liquids, a ban on disposable vapes, etc. All those initiated restrictions would target adults who smoke and have an opportunity to quit through vaping as a significantly less harmful alternative.
Therefore, it is crucial that the vapers in Ireland speak up and let policymakers in Ireland know how vaping changed their lives and why stealing their adult choice will have a detrimental effect on public health.
The due date for the consultation is the 5th of January, after which the consultation report will be prepared based on the responses. The consultation results should be considered while developing future legislation on vaping.
Are you interested in participating?
Here is the step-by-step guide to do so:
- Visit the page to learn more about the consultation process and terms.
- Go to the survey and submit your response. Remember – your voice and personal experience matter. Do not hesitate to elaborate on your response!
- You can always get familiar with WVA’s factsheet on vaping if you require more information for your submission.
- Once you are done with your response, click submit. You have already helped save vaping in Ireland!
- Make sure you spread the word in your community and let other vapers know that it’s time to unite and save vaping from the potential restrictions it might face!
Ready to defend vaping and stand up for your rights?
Now is the time that the vaping community stands together and defends vaping as a 95% safer alternative to smoking in Ireland! Let’s let everyone know that vaping saves lives.